The Harry P. Leu Gardens is a 200-acre estate (200,000 m²) in extension , which houses a botanical garden, arboretum, as well as landscaped grounds and landscaped lakes, with trails shaded by oaks of more than 200 years and camellias forests. They are open to the public. Your address 1920 North Forest Avenue Orlando, Florida FL 32803. USA
A section of the 15-acre park (61,000 m²) is a historic district of the United States. As such, it is known Mizell-Leu House Historic District (or "Leu Botanical Gardens and Leu House Museum"). He received that designation on December 29, 1994. According to the National Register of Historic Places, it contains 3 historic buildings.
The "Leu Gardens" were started by Mr. and Mrs. Harry P. Leu, who 1936 purchased the "Leu House" and 40 acres (160,000 m²) of land. The Leus traveled around the world and brought with them many exotic plants and many varieties of camellias for their gardens.
In 1961, Leus transplanted the house and gardens to the city of Orlando. In the heart of the gardens lies the home of Harry and Mary Jane Leu, known as the "Leu House Museum", which has been meticulously restored and inscribed on the National Historic Register.
Guided visits to the Leu House, illustrating life in the middle of the last century in Florida, are available in the hour and a half weather according to change).
The "Leu Gardens" in USDA Zone 9b. The mild subtropical climate allows an interesting mix of temperate and tropical plants to be grown.